Call Now
020 3397 8220
78,000 clients Get A Quote Here
domestic epc

Who Requires An Energy Performance Certificate?

If you own a property in England or Wales and want to sell or rent it, as of 21st May 2010 you need an Energy Performance Certificate.

When Selling Your Property

The government passed a legislation that states anyone wishing to sell their property must have ordered or possess an EPC when the property goes on sale. Your estate agent is required to upload this EPC within 28 days of the sale’s commencement date.

When Renting Your Property

If you wish to rent or lease your property you, as the landlord, must ensure that an EPC is available for any potential tenant to look at.

On Construction or “New Build” EPC

This is a slightly different form as the person carrying out the works must provide the EPC to complete the Building Regulations. The assessment carried out does not necessitate a visit, as the information is gathered from the architect’s plans. A set fee of £75.00 + VAT is payable for the On Construction Energy Performance Certificate.

How is an EPC Inspection carried out?

To order you EPC inspection, you can complete the form on our ‘EPC Quote’ link or phone us direct on 020 3355 8301, providing us with details and payment. Consequently, one of our local assessors will contact you within 2 working days of the booking, and make an appointment to visit your property within 2 days of their telephone call.

Information is gathered through a questions and answers form together with the assessor inspecting key items at your property. Once this has been generated the EPC will be accessible via the website by following the ‘Track My Order’ link.

For any further information, you can contact us on 020 3355 8301 or email us at